Today I submitted my dissertation, which means my MA Creative Writing is now over! Well, apart from the tense wait for my results. But I finished the thing, submitted it a week before the due date, and refrained from typing AAAAAARRRRRGGGHHHHH into the comments box, so win? I really hope my dissertation is okay and that I get a good grade for it. If I pass the whole course with distinction I will be over the moon, but even just to have completed it and passed will be an awesome achievement. It’s been a lot of fun doing the course, having a purpose and challenging myself, but at the same time I’m way more keen on the creative writing side than the pedagogy, research, referencing, and so on. So I’m glad I did it, but also happy to have some more time to do other things.
In another life, I might now be sat here wondering what on earth I’m going to do with my time now, but I have SO MUCH to do. I have been quite keen to get all of my uni work done so that I can focus on other stuff. I want to do lots more blogging and editing, and some freelance proofreading and copywriting would be great, too. So here are some of the things I’m going to be doing from now on;
– Continuing to run Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine
– Releasing the Peeking Cat Anthology 2017 in October
– Continuing to run The Creative Truth
– More blogging and writer interviews for the Peeking Cat Poetry website
– Blogging on The Creative Truth
– Blogging here at writersam.co.uk
– Blogging for my freelance writing and editing website
– Freelance blogging/copywriting and editing (see samswritingservices.co.uk for details)
– Being more present on social media for Peeking Cat Poetry and The Creative Truth
– Following more writers, bloggers and entrepreneurs on Twitter to surround myself with awesome, like-minded people (suggestions welcome!)
I’ll be posting on the Peeking Cat website soon to talk about some of my plans for the magazine and website. If you’d like to get in touch with me about anything I mentioned above, I’d love to hear from you! Tweet me @writersamr or email firstname.lastname@example.org. I’m very excited for the future!